Does the crisp fall air bring back memories of overindulging on football Sunday or at a family get together? What about getting home after a long day and going straight for something unhealthy and comforting? Ringing any bells?
With simple meals like this veggie chili, you are left feeling full and satisfied without all of the calories. Our chili recipe is full of nutritious vegetables and great if you are stuck for a Meatless Monday idea.
Want to get your man to eat healthier on football Sunday? Serve him this and he may even offer to do the dishes (let’s be honest, that’s not happening)! You can even freeze this recipe and make big batches for quick and easy meals!
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- ½ White Onion
- ½ Green Bell Pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper
- 2 Cups Fresh Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Can of Black Beans
- 1 Can of Kidney Beans
- 1 cup of fresh corn
- 1 Sweet Potato peeled and diced
- ½ tsp chili powder (or to taste)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin
- Garnish with Green onion, cilantro or avocado!
- Heat the oil in the pot over medium-high heat and toss in the onions and green pepper. Once sautéed add the garlic and chili powder, turmeric and cumin. Reduce heat and stir in the corn, black beans, kidney beans and crushed tomatoes. Give that a stir and add the sweet potato and jalapeño pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat. Stir frequently until the chili thickens. Let sit on low heat for 10 minutes while you prep your toppings!
- Serve fresh or package for freezing!
- Always use Fresh, Organic products if possible!