If you’re anything like us, you may find that cute new workout gear is a great way to stay motivated in your workouts. Some days, we’d just rather put off exercise. Maybe it’s raining really heavily and we don’t want to head outside in that, or we were up too late the night before. Whatever the reason, there’s something about a new pair of running shoes or a cute new top that propels us to workout anyway. Maybe it’s because we spent the money on those new pieces so we’d better get some use out of them, or maybe we just want to show off how great those new pants look. Either way, sometimes it’s what gets us in gear (literally).
Before making any bra purchase, make sure to try it on. Bras are something that fit differently for everyone and what we love may not be what works for you. Also, consider your bust size – we’ve found that some of the lower support bras can leave us with achy shoulders if worn for too long because they just don’t offer the needed support for a slightly bigger bust. Also consider your comfort – you may want more or less coverage, and trying bras on beforehand will help you gauge if what you’re considering will suit your preferences.
Check out our faves from the list below before making your next purchase! We’ve rounded up our favourite bras from commonly available brands, but stay tuned as we’ll be sharing some of our fav smaller workout brands in the future!
- lululemon Free To Be – this bra is perfect for low impact activities like yoga! It’s so comfortable, and is available in so many colours all year long.
- Nike Pro Indy – this is another great low impact bra! We love the comfort, and it offers slightly less coverage than the lululemon bra, which is great depending on what we’re layering on top. It’s a great option as it wicks away sweat to keep you feeling dry through yoga and weight training.
- Victoria’s Secret Angel Sport Bra – we love this medium impact bra for spinning, light jogging, and moderate workouts. It offers great coverage and offers support with an underwire. The sturdier band also helps alleviate any eventual shoulder pains during prolonged wear!
- lululemon Ta Ta Tamer – we love how comfortable this bra is, and the fact that it has regular straps vs the usual racer back style for workout bras. The padding is soft but sturdy and we feel well supported in this bra.
- Victoria’s Secret Sport Knockout Front Close – we love this maximum support bra for running, and high impact classes. The front closure makes it easy to put on and take off, while the double layer and underwire ensure we stay supported through our entire workout!
- UnderArmour High – while not as cute as the others on this list, this bra is a high support, compression bra that is probably our favourite for serious running. Everything stays in place so that the only pains you’ll feel after the run are from muscles you actually worked!
Let us know what you think, and which sports bras are hot go-tos!