Do you ever need a satisfying snack throughout the day or some extra energy after a workout? Energy balls are a great option to not only boost your energy but also kick your cravings. They are packed full of amazing nutrients and are so easy to make.
There are so many flavour and ingredient combinations to choose from that it can be hard to narrow it down, but through all of our tests this one recipe has always stood out as or favourite. We usually make double the recipe when we are doing #melonsundayprep so we have enough for the week and any extras we freeze for later! Check out the recipe for these easy no bake energy balls from gimmesomeoven.com below and let us know what you think!
Having healthy and filling snacks readily available helps to prevent falling off the wagon when it comes to your conscious and healthy diet. We find that especially for those who follow a vegan diet, it can be tough to constantly have on-the-go options, particularly if you aren’t near a fridge stocked with fresh peodice. It is always good to have a snack to tide you over until you are able to grab something. Our recipe does not call to add protein powder to the balls but you are more than welcome to do so, just use fewer oats!
- 2 cups dry oatmeal
- 1 1/3 cups toasted coconut flakes
- 1 cup organic peanut butter
- 1 cup flax seeds (We have used a sprouted, ground chia and flax mixture before)
- 1 cup cacao nibs
- 2/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional or already used as per above)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all of your dry ingredients in a bowl
- Slowly start adding the wet ingredient and stir with a spoon
- Get your hands dirty and finish off the mixing
- Start forming 1 inch balls and place them into a container to store!