We have to admit the Christmas season is one of our favourite times of the year. The flurry of snow in the air, the twinkly lights and the decor. And most importantly, of course, spending time with loved ones. In fact, we feel that we can’t be alone in saying this is one of our busiest times of the year. There are SO many get-togethers, parties, dinners, and celebrations surrounded by friends and family.
We know the amount of work that goes into hosting a Christmas party. From decorating, to menu planning, every last detail is carefully thought out to ensure your guests have a phenomenal time. After all, they’ve taken time out of their own hectic schedules to join you in your celebration. That being said, sometimes there’s nothing more rewarding than a small token of appreciation from your guests. The hostess gift. While not mandatory, we love the idea of showing our hostess a little thanks. After all, this is a season of giving!
We’ve rounded up a few simple hostess gifts that are sure to be a thoughtful touch!
- Jamie Oliver’s Christmas Cookbook – This book has it all and will be perfect for the hostess in your life! From classic recipes to party foods and how to use up the leftovers, it’s such a comprehensive Christmas cookbook. This book is a must!
- Kate Spade Travel Mug – This cute travel mug is seasonal, and it’s perfect for those cool mornings when your hostess gal pal needs a hot cup of coffee or tea on the go. In fact, this may be perfect paired with item 5 on our list! This simple mug is super simple and festive but will show that hostess how much you appreciate her efforts!
- Saje Diffuser – We’ve talked before about how much we love our Saje AromaGem diffuser, and we’ll admit it’s a little pricier than some of the other hostess gifts. That being said, this is perfect for your BFF, your soul sister, your fav hostess. In fact, we’re totally digging the revamped appearance and wouldn’t say no to one, ourselves… The Saje nebulizer is perfect for adding a little moisture to the air, removing impurities, and providing all the amazing benefits of aromatherapy! Plus, it’s super cute!
- True North Scented Candle – We love scented candles over the holidays. Nothing smells more like Christmas than a crackling fire, pine trees, and peppermint. We love the look of these candles, available at Indigo, and the truly festive scents they offer. They’re a great last minute hostess gift, or simply an affordable option if you’ve already finished your Christmas shopping and haven’t factored in a gift for that hostess!
- David’s Tea 24 Days of Tea – If you’re lucky enough to snag one of these before they sell out, the David’s Tea advent calendar will make the perfect gift for any tea enthusiast! With a different tea each day leading up to Christmas, the advent calendar promises a ton of variety, loads of warmth and a delicious cup of tea. Speaking from experience, we’ve loved receiving these in the past! Too late to gift an advent calendar? There are tons of holiday sets available as well for any tea-loving hostess!
- Mingle Double Old Fashioned Glassware – We love this glassware from Crate and Barrel! It’s so cute and festive. Not to mention, it’s just what every hostess needs! This glassware will show that you appreciate her efforts, and it’ll give her a little something new for her next event. This set is accented with gold and platinum strands and we can’t get enough!
- Holiday Ornament Set – This Anthropologie set is to die for! We absolutely love the metallics and pastels. Truth be told, though, we were in absolute heaving browsing all of the Anthropologie ornaments this year, so finding the perfect set for your hostess will be a breeze. There is something for every taste and every style of decor. It can be such a thoughtful gift, and yet it’s so simple! Finding the perfect set for your pal will show her just how much you’ve taken her style and personality into consideration to choose just the right ornaments!
- Frech press – A French press is such a great gift for the hostess who loves coffee. We love this off-white ceramic one, but just about any kitchen or housewares store will have options. Plus, they come in different sizes – individual if she isn’t up for sharing that precious caffeine or one that does a few servings!
Let us know some of the best hostess gifts you’ve ever given or received, and enjoy all the festivities that the season has to offer!